Effective online marketing research is one of the most important steps in affiliate marketing. It’s a part of the ‘system’ that anyone serious about making money with the affiliate business model has to go through. You should know by now that not doing proper research can lead to a bad marketing strategy and can cause you to lose a lot in wasted time and potential profit.
Even in your junior up to your college years, you’ll be required to research varied topics and you know that if you don’t take research seriously, you may end up having a (F) failing grade. You also don’t get anywhere on your thesis if you don’t know how to do your research properly.
But the truth is, not all people are diligent enough in their online marketing research and they miss out a few basic steps that would set then for success!
It is also vital that you know how to start researching and where to start, just doing research alone is not enough. You have to make the researching step effective and in order for you to make it effective, you have to keep the following in mind:
- Know Your Market: you have to know the people to whom you will be selling your product to. This is perhaps the most important step of your research. It is not enough for you to just put “people who like perfume” on your notes. You have to be able to determine the demographics of your market, people who will purchase your product based on affordability and or quality, the age group, and many more.These are but a few things that you have to figure out and if you need to go out of your way to conduct such a research then do so.
- Identify Problems And Opportunities: Just like with any “scientific” method, you have to first identify what opportunities or problems your market is facing then go from there. Is your solution solving a burning problem your market has? Some marketers say in niche marketing you should go for a strong emotional attachment. Pick a niche where the problem is thought of multiple times through the day.
If you have such a niche opportunity how are you going to spread the word about a solution? Where does your target crowd hang out? By identifying these problems, in your market research you are able to connect with the buyer a lot easier.
- Conduct a Survey: A survey doesn’t have to be costly – in fact you can do one online for free with surveymonkey or something similar. This is one of the most important steps when you are doing marketing research especially is you have or plan to develop your own product - You can go about this by doing some quality research which strives to find out the specifics of what your potential customers want to experience when using your product or the service. You can do this by conducting interviews or poll surveys.
Online Niche Marketing Tips
- How you pick your keyword is essential and I’ve a few posts on keyword tools free and paid
- Find yourself a longtail keyword first, only then start to look for a product to promote that matches
- Optimizing your website is also essential – it costs $7 but find some awesome tips here
- There are always deals going on from domain buying to themes – so look around and grab a bargain
- Join a reputable online training forum and stick with it – training is another essential
- Get yourself a mentor or a buddy you can bounce ideas off, someone who’s already making $$ online
- Test and get feedback – it takes at least 100 hits to your webpage to judge effectiveness of split testing
- Use WordPress – it’s uber flexible and pick your theme wisely